Monday, July 23, 2012

Snap Shot of one week of our summer

The past week was a super busy but SO MUCH fun.  Here are all the activities that we jam packed into one week.
WARNING....long post ahead!
To start the week Stacey and I took our boys to the Guzoo, I been going since I was a teenager.  I remember take the tigers around on leashes when they were just cubs.  Things have changed a bit but still a fun place to take kids.




All the boys checking out the tiger, maybe even the one I took on a walk years ago.


Stac, giving her boys a pep talk.






All 5 boys, our own little parade!


Tuesday we went to the Westerner Days parade.  We even made it to the pancake breakfast before the parade!!



Wednesday we visited a little splash pool in Red Deer, a fun way to cool off.





Bennett ran up to me and asked if I would take their picture... A first ever for me, I have never been asked to take a picture so I quickly grabbed my camera and caught the boys and their new friends of jumping into the water


This year we dodged the fair for Westerner Days but still managed to catch some of the action.  There were sky divers one night, so we rode our bikes to a hill and watched their little show.  Actually, very entertaining to watch.






Thursday, Bennett went to Safety City to do a street safety course with his friend Addison.  They had a 20 min classroom session and then went out to the practice course to bring the rules to life.  A fun way to learn safety!









Now that Bennett rides his bike all day long, the odds are that he will have some crashes.  He is averaging one a week right now.  Dr. Mom fixed the wounds from today's crash down a steep hill




The Moffat family that we met in the Dominican Republic stopped by for a visit on Saturday.  Myles and Hayden were playing Lacrosse but it was pouring rain so they came by to dry off.


Both Bennett and Gavin went to their first birthday party with NO parents.... such a great idea!!   Adam and I picked out wallpaper, he he.


Sunday, Adam created the biggest slip and slide I have ever seen.  We had soooo much fun!









That evening we were invited to a family BBQ from Aunty Lynn, the boys day home.  We had a great evening of visiting with all the wonderful families that go to Aunty Lynns and the boys had a blast with all the kids.



I finished the week with our semi-annual favorite things party.  We visited until after midnight, a great way to end a wonderful week.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Just wondering where that little splash pool is located? I live in Red Deer too and my son would love it!