Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our Winter Wonderland

Today our family partake d in the winter wonderland around Red Deer.  We started by visiting Parkland Nurseries where they do ice sculptures every year.  This year is a medieval theme, which they did an outstanding job of!  Our two little kings sure enjoyed sitting on the thrown.









Our next stop was to Heritage Ranch for a horse drawn sleigh ride through their light display.  I'm not sure who was more excited me or the boys!
The atmosphere was magical with bond fires and a tent with hot chocolate (that ended up all over Gavins newly washed coat)






Our highly anticipated sleigh!



We ended up sharing our sleigh with a family that I lived with my first few months of teaching.  How perfect is that!




I wish my hands weren't so cold and my camera would have been cooperating so I could have taken some better pictures to truly show you how beautiful and special the ride was.  I guess some pictures are meant to be kept in your heart and mind, I'm happy with that today!

No comments: