Sunday, March 24, 2013

Skating Lessons

 We just finished the boys first session of Canskate.
Gavin laced up his skates for the first time when he started the lessons.  The first few weeks consisted of lots of crying and crawling on the ice.  After the first day he said to me, " mom, I don't like my teacher with the beautiful eye"!  That must mean that she was at least was in his face trying to teach him a thing or two.  By the last day of the lesson, Gavin was on his feet most of the time and even smiling :).  His one teacher (without the beautiful eye I"m guessing) had a strong connection making his skating experience positive.

Bennett on the other hand is a natural like his Grandpa Wecker.  From the very start he jumped to the next level and kept up with all the kids.  Sometimes I had trouble keeping track of where he was on the ice because he was so fast.  He received his first badge and was two skills away from receiving his second.  I see hockey in our near future, eek.

 Here are some of our favorite pictures.













Gavin with his ribbon and Bennett with his badge, way to go boys!!!



No comments: