Sunday, May 13, 2012

Banff in May

We headed to mountains this weekend for a family weekend away and for my run on in Canmore on Sunday.  My sister and her 3 kids met us to spend some time together.  Saturday we spent in Banff enjoying the amazing May weather.  We usually go to Banff and do the hot springs, main street, that kinda stuff, well this year we decided we would take all the little munchkins on a hike.  I read on a blog that the Hoodoo hike was very kid friendly so my sister, Adam and I took all 5 kids on an adventure in the mountains. I was definitively nervous on the hike with the cliff only a few inches away at times but the kids were all so good that I could actually relax and enjoy the views.  You may hold your breath a few times looking at some of these pictures but honestly they were always safe!



Little Cooper was such a trooper!




Gavin, Ryan, Ethan and Bennett






Snack time with the most amazing view!



No, no we didn't eat at one of the cool restaurants that Banff has to offer, we had dry Safeway sandwiches at the park.  The kids were happy so that made the sandwiches taste that much better, I guess!


I guess not happy the whole time!


Banff is always a different adventure, each year as the kids grow up we will be able to do more and more things.

1 comment:

The Alexanders said...

another great post! You took some amazing pics this weekend!