Wednesday, July 9, 2014

New York Baby!!

Our summer of adventure began in New York/New Jersey.  Adam had a training course in New Jersey, so we decided that I should come and we would make it a little holiday out of it, just the two of us.  Our first 4 days were spent in Hoboken, New Jersey.  We enjoy world that exists just across from NYC.  A place I would never just go and visit but I was so happy we did.  The city is full of river front paths and cool streets full of restaurants and shops.  We rented a car and braved the Manhattan roads as well as the New Jersey Turnpike.  15 years ago when I worked in New Jersey I road one of the oldest roller coasters on Coney Island and said I WOULD NEVER RIDE IT AGAIN. Well, never say never, Adam somehow convinced (or guilted) me into riding it again so he didn't have to go by himself.  It was as rough and horrible as I remembered.  The ferris wheel is way more my style. 
Our last 4 days were spend in NYC sight seeing.  We enjoyed biking through central park, going up Rockefeller to the Top of the Rock, a Yankee's ball game, walking on the highline, visiting Mulberry Street.  We tried our luck on a Pizza tour and were surprisenly  impressed and very full!  A Broadway show was on our list of things to do, so we bought tickets for Rock of Ages and LOVED the show. Ground Zero was a place that was intrigued to see because I managed to be in the basement of the twin towers two weeks before they were hit, I saw the rubble a year after the attack and now was able to see the finished monuments.  A very surreal experience for me.  We spend  a lot of time just walking around enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of the very unique city. 














































































No comments: